Originally posted July 5, 2012. Revised May 2015.
This simple mixed drink is great to serve on a hot day or on any occasion. I’ve made this for family gatherings, for my friend’s baby shower and in my cooking classes and it has been a hit every time! The deep color looks beautiful in a punch bowl and when served in tall, clear glasses over ice with a sprig of mint to brighten things up.
This punch is full of antioxidants, including vitamin C that comes from the pure fruit juices featured in this recipe.
A few substitutions you can make to the basic drink mix:
- Save on calories by substituting sparking water in place of regular ginger ale or use diet ginger ale.
- If you want to add some extra “punch” to the punch, add rum to the mix.
Recipe by: Christy Wilson
Yields: 10 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)!
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups 100% apple juice
- 2 (6 oz) cans pineapple juice
- 1 (12 oz) can thawed cranberry/pomegranate juice concentrate, undiluted (I like Old Orchard brand)
- 1 (6 oz) can thawed 100% orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 4 cups ginger ale (regular or diet), chilled
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir until blended.
- Add ginger ale just before serving. Serve over ice.