*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® Almondmilk, however all opinions, experiences and enjoyment of Almond Breeze Almondmilk are completely my own!
When it's blazing hot outside, there is nothing like a frozen treat to refresh you cool you! That's why I'm excited to share my Horchata Paletas recipe-- a low-calorie and low-sugar summer treat that's still creamy and tastes just like the real deal.
Traditional horchata is typically made with evaporated dairy milk and lots of added sugar. I took on the challenge of making a lighter and better-for-you version of horchata using a few of my favorite Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® Almondmilk products. The end results? A tasty snack that has all the flavor and a fraction of the calories of regular horchata. I used a combination of Original Almond Breeze® Almondmilk and Original Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend, which adds a creamy, rich texture to these paletas! This recipe is vegan and with only five simple ingredients, you and your familia can easily make these frozen pops all summer long!
Here are a few fun facts about the delicious and nutritious Almond Breeze® products I used in my Horchata Paletas:
- If you have any allergies or sensitivities to soy, dairy, eggs, peanuts, or gluten, rest assured that all Almond Breeze products are free of these.
- All almonds used in Almond Breeze® products come straight from growers within Blue Diamond's cooperative in our neighboring state of California.
- Almond Breeze Almondmilk is super versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. For cooking and baking, you can easily swap 1:1 for any recipe that calls for milk.
- Original Almond Breeze Almondmilk is low in calories (60 per cup) and is a great source of dietary calcium and vitamins A, D and E.
- Unsweetened Cashewmilk Blend is also low in calories (25 per cup), has zero added sugar and provides 45% of your daily calcium needs, which helps keep your bones and your teeth healthy and strong.
Almond Breeze® Horchata Paletas
Servings: 10 paletas (about 1/3 cup portion each)
Total time: 10 minutes prep, at least 5 hours to freeze
- 1 ½ cups Original Almond Breeze® Almondmilk
- 2 cups Almond Breeze® Original Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- Add all ingredients into blender. Blend on high setting for about one minute.
- Skim off any foam and divide horchata mixture into ice-pop molds (about 1/3 cup). Cover and insert sticks. Freeze until solid or at least 5 hours.
- Dip molds briefly in hot water to release paletas.
- Sprinkle with additional ground cinnamon before serving.
Nutrition: Each paleteta has only 15 calories!
Extra! Extra! This recipe was featured in May 2018 as a Best Recipe selection on The Daily Meal.