*Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post with Chobani, however all opinions, experiences and enjoyment of their yogurt products are completely my own!
Even though my calendar is telling me that summer has officially ended, Southern Arizona’s relentless heat remains for about another month...or two. For those of you who actually experience four seasons and aren’t quite ready to let go of summer, stretch it out by trying this recipe and grabbing one of these ice pops out of your freezer!
Homemade frozen pops, or as we call them at home, paletas, are a signature summer treat that can be enjoyed all year long. Eating them always makes me feel like a kid again because every summer my mom would make a batch of her sweet or tangy popsicles for my brother, my sister and me. I remember that feeling of anticipation as I’d curl my fingers around the plastic handle, pull on it, then I was overcome with excitement as my perfectly frozen treat slid out of the small, opaque Tupperware mold. My mouth still waters just thinking about it!
Using a mix of fresh and frozen fruit is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy seasonal fruits not only in the form of ice pops, but also as smoothies and/or blended juices. Eating seasonal produce means eating foods at their peak both nutritionally and flavor-wise; fortunately, choosing frozen fruits allows us to extend the timetable of enjoying these benefits!
In this recipe, I’ve combined frozen MAngo, and fresh KIwi and CANtelope (hence, the name of this recipe!) with Chobani Simply 100® Mango Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt and added some sweet and tang from honey and fresh key lime juice. Not only does the fruit naturally deliver heart healthy fiber, it’s packed with immune boosting antioxidants like vitamins C and A, and blood pressure lowering minerals like potassium and magnesium. Add in Chobani yogurt with its gut friendly probiotics and live cultures, as well as low sugar* and high protein contents (a whopping 12 grams per 5.3 ounce container!) and you’ve got yourself a mighty nutritious and delicious treat on hand…and in your hand!
Treat yourself to these paletas after or between meals. They also make for a fun and filling after school or after-sports-practice snack for the kids, too!
*Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt product has 75% less sugar than regular yogurt. Based on most recently reported USDA category data, Chobani contains 6-8 grams of sugar per 5.3 ounce (150 grams) per serving; regular yogurt, fruit variety contains 29 grams of sugar per 5.3 ounces (150 grams).
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango (15 ounce bag); ½ cup reserved
- 2 cups cantaloupe, diced; ½ cup reserved
- ½ cup kiwi, peeled and sliced (about 2 whole)
- 2, 5.3 ounce containers of Chobani Simply 100® Mango Passion Fruit Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh key lime juice
- Prepare all fresh fruit as directed. Add one cup frozen mango and fresh fruit (except for ½ cup reserved cantaloupe) and yogurt into blender.
- Blend fruit to a moderate consistency, then stream honey and fresh lime juice into puree. Add reserved mango and cantaloupe to blender and pulse until small bits remain, or to desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Place mold into freezer for 6 hours or overnight.